|Chlorine tablets are inorganic white tablet form of chlorine for quick and effective dosing. It strongly smells of chlorine, owing to its slow decomposition in moist air. It is preferably used in soft to medium-hard water. Chlorine tablets are calcium hypochlorite with added ingredients/ stabilizers mostly cyanuric acid to prevent moisture contamination and degradation.Chlorine Tablets contain more amount of available chlorine, about 90%. It also reports low chlorine loss owing to the absence of heavy metal impurities. They are available in many sizes, specific of their application. Main applications include disinfection of public swimming pools and drinking water.|
Uses of Chlorine Tablets:
• They provide a strong residual disinfection in the distribution system.
• Chlorine is easier to apply and safer to dose
• Chlorine tablets are relatively inexpensive
• It is effective at low concentrations
• It is used for disinfecting drinking water, Industrial residue and Pool cleaning.
• Due to its decolorizing property it is used in whitening of fibers like cotton, linen etc.