|A thickener is a substance which can build up the viscosity of the fluid without generously altering its different properties. Thickeners are used as a part of paints, inks, explosives, and beauty care products.|
Thickeners may likewise enhance the suspension of different fixings or emulsions which build its stability. Some thickeners are gelling agents (gellants), framing a gel, dissolving in the fluid stage as a colloid blend. In petrochemistry, gelling agents or solidifiers, are chemicals equipped for oil spills and framing elastic like solids.
Benefits of Thickeners:
• Helps in enhancing the viscosity of the aqueous solution
• Enhances the cosmetic view, touch and feel of the aqueous formulations
• Derived from plant extracts - completely biodegradable, organic and skin friendly
• Does not interfere in the chemical properties of the aqueous formulations.
• Available in liquid emulsion, hence easy to dose and mix